Previously I have shown how to use Excel and VBA language to automatically format financial statements or other documents. Today I will describe how to use theory of probability to correct typos in the data collected in our database e.g spreadsheets.
Surprised? Yes, we use theory of probability and statistics, completely useless piece of …. maths, to automatically find and correct typos made by our clients or colleagues.
– We don’t need that because we have autocorrection tools in our office software!
– Show me then, how to correct surnames or account numbers using these tools?
– Oh… We need to wait when our customer will tell us about the mistake in his/her personal data…
– And then you need to say sorry ;)
– What can I do instead?
– Let’s look at the example below …