Learning programming might be very time consuming. It requires patience and systematic work. Numbers, numbers and command line… or toys and robots ;)
My robot: raspberry pi, motor driver, toy and batteries
How to build a robot and have a fun with programming? What about using a tiny, low cost computer that may be connected with a toy car and a motor?
The Raspberry Pi fits to these requirements perfectly. Even a child can play with a hardware!
Raspberry PI might be used in many different applications. Sky and imagination is our limit. Motion detectors, weather stations, minecraft server, router, private network and many others…
To build a robot you need to follow the link. Have a fun!
Nowadays, companies like to connect the readiness for overtime work with the responsiblity. We are responsible if we are ready to work at night. We aren’t lazy if we are finishing our job after hours. It is an important client, it is an important product, it is an important project. How often have we heared such explanations?
I admit that people who work after hours are responsible for their work, but overtime haven’t to be treated as something natural. Instead, it may be a good ocassion to ask why we need additional time to finish our task or project? In my opinion this question and especially the anwsers are more important than the readiness for working at night. What goes wrong? Where is is the source of the delay?
Toyota give us a method called 5 Whys.
- “Why did the robot stop?” The circuit has overloaded, causing a fuse to blow.
- “Why is the circuit overloaded?” There was insufficient lubrication on the bearings, so they locked up.
- “Why was there insufficient lubrication on the bearings?” The oil pump on the robot is not circulating sufficient oil.
- “Why is the pump not circulating sufficient oil?” The pump intake is clogged with metal shavings.
- “Why is the intake clogged with metal shavings?” Because there is no filter on the pump
Be responsible and require a responsiblity – this is my conclusion :) What do you think about reponsibility and working after hours?
Long time ago during job interview…
– What are your strengths?
– I know it may sound crazy, but I’m lazy and this is my strength!
– How is it possible?
– I don’t like overtime. I hate to do the same job over and over. I don’t like to feel nervous one hour before the deadline. But…. my computer loves to work all the time, even at night!
– Now I understand. Unfortunately, sometimes overtime is necessary.
– Sure, but only for people that give up on quality. Instead working more and more, we can eliminate waste. Why not to improve communication, procedures, products, internal deliveries etc.?
– People are too lazy for that…
What will be your answer?