Last week I’ve finished reading a book: The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership. Achieving and Sustaining Excellence Through Leadership Development. It made a great impression on me. The Toyota Way changes the thinking about the business.
I’ve never thought that brainstorming might be so controversial. Then I’ve found this article: Is Brainstorming a waste of time? Let’s talk about brainstorming and its rules.
- Generate as many ideas as possible – the more ideas you come up with, the better chance you have of coming up with good ones.
- Don’t criticise – it will dampen peoples enthusiasm and kill their creativity.
- Welcome unusual ideas – it’s important to break out of your usual mindset and consider wild and wacky ideas if you want to be really creative.
- Combine and improve ideas – instead of criticising ideas, look for way to use them in combination and/or make them better.
Nowadays, it may be not very surprising that computers can talk ;) How to make our computer talk to us using C++? How to start without any deep knowledge about Text To Speech Synthesis (TTS), Hidden Markov Modelling (HMM) or even without any recording? This article is a short tutorial for you. You will get your first synthesized speech sooner than you think.
- eSpeak TTS engine
- C++ skills and gcc compiler