When we are thinking about the development environment we should think about our comfort. Our efficiency depends on how we feel, so it is important to choose appropriate tools, install and configure them.
During my studies I used many applications which helped me to implement my final projects. Now I’m using Eclipse CDT. In my opinion, it is the best Integrated Development Environment for C/C++ languages. What about console? Vim? Emacs? Well… I’m not a conservative developer ;)
Why Eclipse CDT?
- plugins – external tools inside the development environment
- community – people who help with our problems
- portability – works on many different platforms
- refactoring – fast text and code processing
- many different profilers, simple debugger